LUXTRA products are made from Piñatex®, an innovative and highly sustainable fibre crafted from pineapple leaves.
Piñatex® is water resistant and strong. It has passed ISO international standards tests for seam rupture, tear resistance, tensile strength, light and colour fastness and abrasion resistance.
To maintain your Piñatex® bag, we recommend moisturising it regularly with a natural wax, such as Barbour Wax. After application, leave it in a warm place for 24 hours and then rub gently with a soft cloth. Marks can be cleaned with water, using a damp soft cloth or sponge.
Please see the Piñatex® FAQ page for further care instructions.
To keep your bag in top condition:
- Do not over fill it as this may permanently distort its shape.
- Avoid contact with water, taking special care within the first month of use to avoid rain.
- Avoid exposure to grease, perfumes, cosmetics, heat and strong sources of light.
- Store your bag in its protective dust bag when not in use. Do not store in a plastic bag, as this will prevent the leather from breathing.
- Avoid storing your bag anywhere too warm, too humid or unventilated.
We are here to help, so please contact us if you have questions about caring for your bag: email@example.com