LUXTRA products are made from Piñatex, an innovative and highly sustainable fibre crafted from pineapple leaves.
Piñatex is water resistant and strong. It has passed ISO international standards tests for seam rupture, tear resistance, tensile strength, light and colour fastness and abrasion resistance.
To maintain your Piñatex bag, we recommend moisturising it regularly with a natural wax, such as Barbour Wax. After application, leave it in a warm place for 24 hours and then rub gently with a soft cloth. Marks can be cleaned with water, using a damp soft cloth or sponge.
Please see the Piñatex FAQ page for further care instructions.
To keep your bag in top condition:
- Do not over fill it as this may permanently distort its shape.
- Avoid contact with water, taking special care within the first month of use to avoid rain.
- Avoid exposure to grease, perfumes, cosmetics, heat and strong sources of light.
- Store your bag in its protective dust bag when not in use. Do not store in a plastic bag, as this will prevent the leather from breathing.
- Avoid storing your bag anywhere too warm, too humid or unventilated.
We are here to help, so please contact us if you have questions about caring for your bag: firstname.lastname@example.org