LUXTRA products are made from different cruelty-free materials. Keep the following care tips in mind to help your bag last a lifetime.
Produced from apple waste - a by product of the fruit juice industry. Sourced in the Bolzano region in northern Italy, the recovered skin is dried and then reduced to powder. It is sent for finishing in Florence, where it is coagulated with PU and coated on a cotton and polyester base.
Clean your AppleSkin products with a damp cloth or slightly soapy water.
Do not use chemicals as these will degrade the material.
Crafted from pineapple leaves, Piñatex® is an innovative and highly sustainable material that is both water resistant and strong. It has passed ISO international standards tests for seam rupture, tear resistance, tensile strength, light and colour fastness and abrasion resistance.
To maintain your Piñatex® bag, we recommend moisturising it regularly with a natural wax, such as Barbour Wax. After application, leave it in a warm place for 24 hours and then rub gently with a soft cloth. Marks can be cleaned with water, using a damp soft cloth or sponge.
Please see the Piñatex® FAQ page for further care instructions.
Mango fruit-leather alternative
Our mango products are protected with a water repellent coating which makes them more resistant to water. Use a soft, slightly damp cloth to wipe away dirt and dust. We do not recommend wetting the material.
To keep your bag in top condition:
- Do not over fill it as this may permanently distort its shape.
- Avoid contact with water, taking special care within the first month of use to avoid rain.
- Avoid exposure to grease, perfumes, cosmetics, heat and strong sources of light.
- Store your bag in its protective dust bag when not in use. Do not store in a plastic bag, as this will prevent the leather from breathing.
- Avoid storing your bag anywhere too warm, too humid or unventilated.
We are here to help, so please contact us if you have questions about caring for your LUXTRA product: firstname.lastname@example.org